Monday 28 February 2011

Shiny new digs!

Exciting news! Paul and I paid a deposit for a new place this weekend and it was not a moment too soon.  Our temporary housing runs out next week and we have to move this weekend.  Luckily the application process is fairly short.
It’s fairly different here, the majority of place we looked at were in apartment complexes.  Here, most of the complexes are owned by corporations and each building will have it’s own leasing office.  Properties that are rented by owners through third party agencies like real estate agencies are call condominiums.   Anyway the building is called Avalon Meydenbauer.   It’s located in downtown Bellevue.   Click here to see the location on Google maps.


I don’t have any photos to upload as we won’t pick up the keys til next week but I have included a floor plan below.  I know it is small but it was the only one I could find.  The amenities are good, there is a fitness centre located in our building as well as a business room and entertainment room.  Also, the ground floor level of our building is actually a shop level and right smack bang in the middle is a grocery store called Safeway. Funnily enough I do most of our shopping at Safeway here in Redmond. What a happy coincidence!  This could also be a very bad thing, I mean a grocery store in our building? Talk about late night snacking opportunities. :P  Also, I don’t know if you noticed on the map link but we live across the street from a take-out joint called ‘Fat Burger’.  Paul says we should try it but I’m holding out!
evergreen-point

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Glad you've locked in a place.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Great! But no spare bedroom for visitors? Beter get a fold-out couch, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete