Saturday 9 April 2011

The Bahamas

So, I'm currently visiting my friend Denise who lives in the Bahamas. She teaches at an IB school called St Andrew's.

The Bahamas feels like paradise after living in and around Seattle, however, it is hot and humid here and it was a bit of an adjustment after all that rain and cold weather in Bellevue. The trip wasn't to bad, I left home at around 5am and arrived here in the afternoon, it's a 10-12 hour flight including stops.  Unfortunately, I was delayed in Fort Lauderdale due to bad weather. At this point I was really tired. I had gotten up at 3am and I had not eaten a decent meal due to the short tue short connection times.  We were then further delayed because a guy passed out on the plane just as we were getting ready to take off. It turned out that he was a deep sleeper and the the flight attendants panicked when the couldn't wake him. Boy was he embarrassed when he finally woke up. :P

The Bahamas are just as nice as I remember. Beautiful weather, clear water, great beaches etc. There is a beautiful beach just down the the road from Denise's house. I've been catching up on some sunshine and I'm reading 'Catch 22' while relaxing on the beach. I went snorkeling today on this beautiful reef nearby today and even though the water was murky due to windy weather there were so many tropical fish. I even spotted a few starfish. We kept an eye out for stingray but did not see any. ;(

Tomorrow we are off to Cuba! We are staying in Varadero for two nights before travelling west to Habana for another two nights!












1 comment:

  1. Well you've certainly got the bikini body for the trip :) Enjoy the sunshine!!!

    ReplyDelete